Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gloucester, Massachusetts


This small fishing port became famous in 2000 when the movie "Perfect Storm" came out. I visited Gloucester in January 1982. Once again, still in Winter, visiting a beach. (Just to let you know, future adventures take me inland!) The most amazing memory I have was how the sand was rock hard frozen. Huge ice chunks had come to rest along the water line, big enough to stand on. The sky was overcast and the color of the water was a deep gray, along with being on the rough side. Good day for treasure hunting...granite, volcanic rock and two great finds. One was a bolt that had filled with sediment from under the ocean. In my head, I believe it came from an old fishing boat, long lost to the seas. The other is a small shell, that has begun to turn into a fossil.

No comments:

Post a Comment